At Verse, we believe advice is not just about money – it’s about your entire life. Money is just fuel for living the life you want, which means something different to everyone.
To deliver on this, our approach is based on the values, intentions and financial well-being of our clients, so we can help them make great choices that optimise not just their finances, but their life.
We’ve created a client experience that is modern, technology-enabled, and high in connection and impact. As a testament to this, we’ve won numerous awards in the past 24 months including:
– FPA inaugural Advice Innovation Award
– IFA Client Servicing Adviser of the Year
– IFA Client Outcome of the Year
– IFA Individual Excellence Award
To learn more about us, visit: www.versewealth.com.au
Role TypeSupport Staff
Employment TypeFull Time
About the role
Are you a high-performing Associate Adviser who…
Wants to work in a firm giving truly personalised and impactful advice?
Wants to progress faster toward your own career goals?
Wants to feel more valued for your contribution to clients and team?
If so, we’ve got an opportunity you might be interested in.
About the role
– Developing advice and strategies for new and existing clients that are mainly high-income professionals and pre-retirees that are wanting to make the most of their money.
– Advice scope includes goals-based planning, investing, superannuation, cash flow, tax strategies, entities and structures, debt strategies, employer share plans, and estate planning.
– Conducting ‘Introductory Chat’ meetings on Zoom with prospects to assess their suitability for getting financial advice
– Attending and assisting advisers in client meetings
– Assisting in the onboarding of new clients
– Liaising with paraplanning
– Reviewing Statements of Advice and Records of Advice.
– Communicating with clients to ensure they’re getting a world-class client experience.
– Collaborate with our advice partners across property, accounting and mortgage broking to manage the client’s financial strategy.
Why work with us?
– A fast-growing firm with an abundance of high-quality leads and new clients.
– We understand our clients in a deeply personal way by following our process based on the clients’ values, intentions, and financial well-being. If you’d like, you can see how we track their financial wellbeing at: https://verse-2zzjykb2.scoreapp.com/
– Be part of a world-class culture that is professional, innovative, and fast-paced.
– We’re a real team, not just. a group of people that work at the same company so you won’t be battling any egos.
– A client experience and advice process that is at the leading edge of modern advice.
– Operate in a high-performance environment, that’s free of politics.
– A highly autonomous environment where you don’t need to clock on or off so you can integrate work into your life, and not the other way around.
– Balance working remotely and from our office (which is a beautiful place to work).
– Recognised as a leader in financial advice defined by our approach and client experience, and validated by a range of awards.
– 100% fee-for-advice with no conflicts you need to talk your way through.
– Extremely well operationalised business with great systems and technology.
– We own and operate our own AFSL so we’re not dictated by any licensee.
– Working at Verse helps people reach their potential so if you want to become a great Adviser in the future, you’ll be in the right place.
Skills and experience
To be a fit for the role, you must:
– Have a minimum 2 years experience in financial advice.
– Have great character – that means you’re a person of integrity and substance.
– Be self-motivated and have the ability to work unsupervised.
– Be passionate about the value of advice.
– Be willing to embrace our culture of innovation and selflessness.
– Have awesome time management skills and be great at prioritising.
– Already have good technical skills.
– Have great verbal and written communication skills.
Much more than money, Canberra ACT, Australia
As part of our growth, we are expanding our team. We need a Senior Associate to join us as we continue to build Much.
In this role, you’ll be working closely with our Senior Advisers and team members to provide ongoing support and service to our clients, ensuring their affairs are proactively planned and managed to optimise their financial position. Your responsibilities will include client meeting preparation incorporating agenda construction, reviewing strategies and investments and ensuring client files remain compliant. You’ll attend and participate in client meetings and be responsible for the completion of post meeting work including file notes and implementation. You’ll undertake the management of client strategies and advice incorporating the preparation and implementation of applications, submission and tracking of insurance applications, and liaison with external product providers and government departments. You’ll also be looking after the preparation of client files for our paraplanning team.
Canberra ACT, Australia
Pivot Wealth, Sydney NSW, Australia
Relationship (Sales) Manager
About the opportunity
We have strong inbound flows of high quality clients lining up to work with us at Pivot, and the core part of this role is guiding the right people around their decision to work with us. Pivot is a business that rewards team members that add value to the business, which we do through our profit share arrangement and team equity plan, along with regular pay and performance reviews. Given we’re one of the fastest growing companies in Australia, this means the right person has an opportunity to set up a prosperous long term future in the business WHILE doing highly ethical, fulfilling, fun, high quality/value work AND developing your skills in the process.
About the role
- Run intro screening phone calls and discovery meetings, all pre booked into your calendar
- Use our tech systems to track and convert deal flow in a low admin way
- Help potential clients understand the life changing benefits of high quality, award winning financial advice
- Work in a fun, playful but professional, politics-free environment with a team of other superstars
Sydney NSW, Australia
Pivot Wealth, Sydney
Client Services Officer
About the opportunity
We have strong inbound flows of high quality clients lining up to work with us at Pivot, and the core part of this role is supporting the advice team on the delivery of our work, driving a smooth onboarding and review process to help clients turn their financial plans into financial results.
Pivot is a business that rewards team members that add value to the business, which we do through our incentive plan and team equity plan, along with regular pay and performance reviews. Given our current growth, the right person has an opportunity to set up a prosperous long term future in the business WHILE doing highly ethical, fulfilling, fun, high quality/value work AND developing next level advice skills in the process.
About the role
- Be the main point of contact for clients in the coordination of documents needed to deliver exceptional financial advice
- Work with the advice team to confidently provide detailed, accurate research and calculations to serve the needs and goals of clients
- Proactively managing and supporting our clients to take the follow up action to implement their financial advice and strategies
- Work with paraplanning team to coordinate the delivery of SOAs, ROAs, and other advice documentation
- Work with the team to ensure compliance standards are strictly adhered to
- Positively contribute to a collaborative company culture and strive to continually improve professionally
- A desire to contribute to improving company processes and achieve projects outside of your daily responsibilities