With over 37 years’ experience in the investment market industry, Geoff Wilson pioneered Australia’s first ever listed philanthropic wealth creation vehicles (Future Generation Investment Company & Future Generation Global Investment Company) and has crafted a philosophy that benefits shareholders and investors and uses this as a driver to give back to the community by donating a percentage of investment returns to Australian and International charities.
Geoff brings the what’s, the how’s and the why’s of philanthropic investing by exploring some key elements including:
- The major benefits offered to investors including access to top performing fund managers and the opportunity to be involved in the philanthropic process
- The best types of clients suited to this style of investing
- The benefits of investing in a system with increased job fulfilment, high fund manager retention and positive brand awareness
- The abilities of top tier fund managers to pinpoint undervalued assets and investment mispricing opportunities to generate significant returns for shareholders and in turn charities
- The benefits of having a scalable business model that produces positive philanthropic returns
- The benefits of a Listed Investment Company (LIC) as opposed to other trusts
Geoff believes that as we move up the Maslow hierarchy of needs, there comes a time when we should ask ourselves how we can give back to the community we operate in.
“We all have a responsibility and a right to give back, and we are simply providing the funnel or the structure for this to happen” – Geoff Wilson.
You’re going to love this one!
AdviceTech Podcast #71 – Capital Preferences
This week, Peita is joined by Bernard Del Rey and Pat Spenner from Capital Preferences. They talk about …
#433 Tim Lane
Tim is a Partner at FinConnect Advisory Group. He and James talk about succession planning for advice practices, …
AdviceTech Podcast #70 – SuitabilityHub
This week, Peita is joined by Recep Peker, Founder and Managing Director at SuitabilityHub. They talk about the …
#432 Nicole Gardner
Nicole is the Founder and Principal Financial Adviser at Stellar Wealth. She and James explore how she started …
Your Next Client is You #1
In this first episode, Peita is joined by Andrew Grinsell from Cooee Wealth Partners, Courtenay Walker from Fox …
Your Next Client is You #2
In this installment, Peita chats with Andrew Grinsell from Cooee Wealth Partners, Nigel Baker from Arch Capital and …
Your Next Client is You #3
In this episode, Peita is joined once again by Andrew Grinsell, Nigel Baker and Courtenay Walker. They go …
Your Next Client is You #4
In this episode, Peita is back with Courtenay Walker and Andrew Grinsell to discuss implementing new advicetech solutions, …
Your Next Client is You #5
In this final installment, Peita is joined by Andrew Grinsell and Jamie Ardern. They wrap up the series …
Investment Podcast #8 – Contrarian Investing
In this episode, host James Whelan takes a deep dive into contrarian investing, along with guests Ben Preston …