Investing with your head and your heart. This sums up the work of Geoff Wilson and his team of investment fund managers at Wilson Asset Management (WAM).
With over 37 years’ experience in the investment market industry, Geoff Wilson pioneered Australia’s first ever listed philanthropic wealth creation vehicles (Future Generation Investment Company & Future Generation Global Investment Company) and has crafted a philosophy that benefits shareholders and investors and uses this as a driver to give back to the community by donating a percentage of investment returns to Australian and International charities.
Geoff brings the what’s, the how’s and the why’s of philanthropic investing by exploring some key elements including:
- The major benefits offered to investors including access to top performing fund managers and the opportunity to be involved in the philanthropic process
- The best types of clients suited to this style of investing
- The benefits of investing in a system with increased job fulfilment, high fund manager retention and positive brand awareness
- The abilities of top tier fund managers to pinpoint undervalued assets and investment mispricing opportunities to generate significant returns for shareholders and in turn charities
- The benefits of having a scalable business model that produces positive philanthropic returns
- The benefits of a Listed Investment Company (LIC) as opposed to other trusts
Geoff believes that as we move up the Maslow hierarchy of needs, there comes a time when we should ask ourselves how we can give back to the community we operate in.
“We all have a responsibility and a right to give back, and we are simply providing the funnel or the structure for this to happen” – Geoff Wilson.
You’re going to love this one!
AdviceTech Podcast #36 – TikTok
In this episode, Peita is joined by James Wrigley, Principal at First Financial and Host of the Ensombl …
#398 Justin Lucas
Justin is an Adviser and Partner at Koda Capital. He sits down with James to chat about his …
Engine Room Podcast #8 – David Moloney
This week, Andrew chats with David Moloney, Director of Wealth at Yarra Lane. They discuss the evolution of …
22 MAY 2023 – Monday Market Highlights
This week we cover the Australian quarterly wage price index, Australian employment data, the US debt ceiling, US …
AdviceTech Podcast #35 – Xeppo
In this episode, Peita speaks with Paul Campbell, Managing Director at Xeppo. They take a look at Xeppo, …
#397 Chris Carlin
Chris is the Founder of Master Your Money Now. He joins James to answer a few community questions …
Engine Room Podcast #7 – Aimee Lucas
This week, Andrew sits down with Aimee Lucas, Practice Manager at Burke Britton Financial Partners. They discuss her …
15 MAY 2023 – Monday Market Highlights
This week we cover US Core CPI data, the Producer Price Index, the University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment …
AdviceTech Podcast #34 – MUA
In this episode, Peita chats with Julius Geis, Founderand CEO at MUA (Me, Us, All). They dive into …
#396 Fraser Jack
Fraser is the Founder of The Cyber Collective. He returns to the podcast to chat with James about …